Here are the list of 20 life lessons from commercial expert that we agree with:
1. Be passionate.
2. Your partner(s) must have a similar work ethic.
3. Rules apply to everyone equally.
4. Have a long-term perspective.
5. Know what business you are actually in.
6. Have a game plan.
7. Be special.
8. Know your weaknesses.
9. The client’s interests always come first.
10. Work hard!
11. Ask senior people for advice.
12. Mistakes are O.K.—just don’t make the same one twice.
13. Confront brutal reality.
14. Have faith you will succeed.
15. Strive to be the best rather than the biggest.
16. You must be willing to delegate responsibility.
17. Realize that your main assets are your staff and reputation.
18. People work with you if they like you.
19. Honesty and integrity are at the core of success.
20. Clearly convey the company’s core values.
Excerpts from the Article:Succeeding in the commercial real estate is a topic I’m often asked about. Even if you don’t technically start your own business, if you are a commercial broker, you essentially have your own business. Below is a list of 20 lessons I have learned over the past 30 years that you may be able to benefit from: 1. Be passionate.
The most successful people are those who truly love what they do. Follow their example.
Citation and link:
Knakal, Robert. “20 Simple Rules for Success in Commercial Real Estate.” Commercial Obersver News., 10 Dec. 2014 Web. 12